Saturday, November 28, 2015

Blind girl

Jessica was a blind teenage girl. She had only one friend. Her friend's name was Kimberly. "I want to see the world" was the usual statement said by Jessica to Kimberly. 

One day, Kimberly suggested, "Why don't you go do an eye operation?"

"But who would want to give their eyes to me?" Asked Jessica. 

Kimberly sat next to Jessica while thinking. 

"I'll... I'll find somebody." Said Kimberly. 

"Thanks Kim. I can always count on you." Said Jessica. Kimberly smiled. She then helped Jessica to get back home.

After that, Kimberly walked home. When she was walking, she knew who would give their eyes to Jessica.

The next day...

Kimberly went to Jessica's house. When she reached the house, she knocked on the door. 

Jessica's father walked over to the door and opened it. He saw Kimberly standing there. 

"Hello Kim. Are you here for Jessica?"Asked Jessica's father, Mr. Norman. 

"Yes I am. May I come in?" Said Kimberly.

"Yes you may. Jessica's in her room." Said Mr. Norman as he made way for Kimberly to come in. 

Kimberly stepped into the house and went to Jessica's room. When she found Jessica's room, she knocked on the door. Jessica walked carefully to the door and opened it. 

"Jessica! I know who would give their eyes to you!" Said Kimberly. 

"Really? I'm so grateful!" Said Jessica happily. 

"When would you like to do the operation?" Asked Kimberly.

"How about tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow it is!" 

The two girls went to Mr. Norman to ask for his permission if Jessica could get her eyes operated. 

"I'm okay with that." Said Mr. Norman. 

The two girls jumped of joy.

The next day, Jessica got her eyes operated. When the operation ended, she could see. When she saw Kimberly, she was surprised to see that Kimberly was blind too! Jessica didn't like having a blind friend so, she told Kimberly too keep away from her as she didn't like her. 

Kimberly walked away in sadness.

Two days later, Jessica received a letter. Jessica read the letter. It was from Kimberly. It read: 

I don't care if you tell me to keep away from you. Just take care of your eyes. Because, before they were your eyes, they were my eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment