Tuesday, June 23, 2015

House on fire

My parents were not at home because they went to visit their sick friend at the hospital. My mom said it was okay to invite two friends so, I invited my two friends name Ameera and Farhannah. When they arrived, the three of us went into my room. “So, who has a legend or something?” Asked Farhannah. I raised my hand. “Tell us!” Said Ameera. “Okay there was this story, a father left his son at home all alone. When the father came back, he saw that the house was on fire. He could hear his son, crying for help. He ran upstairs. The father tried to open the door but he couldn’t because, there was a big piece of wood blocking the door from inside. The boy kept on shouting ‘dad! Help me!!’ about five times. Suddenly he stopped. The father was also dead he tried to save his son before he died. Legend has it that, if you say ‘dad! Help me!!’ about five times, you will be taken away from the father’s ghost and you will never be seen ever again. There, that’s my story.” I said. Farhannah and Ameera clapped their hands. “I want to try that.” Said Ameera. “I think it’s better if you don’t” I said. Before I could say another word, Ameera had shouted “Dad! Help me!!” For five times. At the fifth time, a loud knock on the door of my room, could be heard. “I want to get out of here.” Said Farhannah. She opened the window. “No Farhannah, don’t jump out the…” Before I could finish my sentence, Farhannah had jumped out the window. Only Ameera and I was left was in the room. The knock on the door grew louder and louder. Until one point, it stopped. “Ameera, the knock has stopped.” I said. Ameera didn’t answer. I turned my head and, Ameera wasn’t next to me.


I pitied Farhannah because she broke her leg during the fall. Since that day, I never told anybody about legends even though I have a few left that I wanted to tell my friends.   

6 comments: