Monday, November 23, 2015

Penpals

Back in the old days, people didn’t have electronics like we do today. So, when they want to make friends with some random person, they would sent them letters at their address.

It so happened that, a man named Lewis was reading a newspaper. He was flipping through the pages went he found a lady’s address. The lady’s name was Jennifer. The man wrote her a letter.

A few days later, Jennifer had replied. Soon, the both of them begin mailing each other every single day.

One day, Lewis wrote: Why don’t you give me your picture?

A few days later, Jennifer replied: Since that we’re friends, it doesn’t matter how we look right?

When Lewis received the letter, he wrote back: You’re right.

They both kept on mailing each other for 2 years.

One day, Jennifer wrote: I’m coming to London. Could you pick me up at the train station?

When Lewis received the letter, he was excited because he lived in London while Jennifer lived somewhere in Britain.

Lewis replied: I would be delighted. But, how do I know when I see you? I don’t even know what you look like.

Days later, Jennifer wrote: I’ll be wearing a green dress with a green hat. And that hat will have a rose on it.

Lewis received the letter and wrote: Okay. I’ll be wearing an army outfit.

Oh yes! I forgot to tell you all that Lewis is a soldier while, Jennifer is teacher.

Back to the story…

Jennifer wrote back: Okay then! I’ll meet you at the train station.

Lewis wrote: See you there!

The day that Jennifer was coming to London finally came. Lewis was waiting at the train station while all kinds of questions were running in his head, ‘What will she look like? Would she be slim? Would she be fat? Will she look pretty?’

Those sort of questions were running in Lewis’s head until, the train finally arrived.

Lewis who was just now sitting stood up and waited for a lady wearing a green dress with a green hat that had a rose on it.

While Lewis was searching for Jennifer, he spotted a tall lady, wearing a dress with a hat. But, something was very different from what Jennifer told Lewis. This particular lady was wearing a blue dress with a blue hat that didn’t have a single rose on it.

Lewis still walked up to the lady even though he didn’t know if it was Jennifer. When Lewis was finally right in front of the lady, the lady said, “I’m sorry sir but you’re in my way.” As she walked away.

“She wasn’t the right lady.” Said the man to himself.

Moments later, he saw a lady in a green dress with a green hat that had a rose on it. The lady was short, fat and not pretty.

“She’s my friend, I have to walk up to her.” Said Lewis as he walked up to the lady.

When Lewis was right in front of the lady, the lady said, “Are you Lewis?”

“Yes.” Said Lewis.

“The lady in the blue dress and blue hat said to me that if you come up to me, she told me to tell you that she’s waiting for you in the café.” Said the lady.

Lewis said, “Thank you!” As he walked away to the café.

When he reached the café, he saw a lady in a blue dress with a blue hat. He walked into the café and sat on the chair that was in front of the lady.

“Ah, so you talked to that lady in the green dress after all huh Lewis?” Asked the lady as she stirred her tea.


“Yup.” Said Lewis to Jennifer. The both of them, started talking endlessly…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment