Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Meeting him again

“You?” I said surprised looking at him again.

“You?” He asked back. Looking as surprised as I was.

4 years ago…

“This is my last day here.” I told my classmates.

I waved good bye at a boy by the name of Yusof. He didn’t wave back. I guess he didn’t see me. We both went our separate ways. He went to Shah Alam while I went to Terengganu. Schooling at a different school for 4 years. I never had forgotten anyone in my class including him. I was always thinking when I could see them again including him.

4 years later…

I moved back to KL and went to this new school that my grandma had heard from her friend. Her friend’s husband was the one who was planning on making the school. His name was Shaharom. Just by listening to the name, it reminded me of someone. I just couldn’t put my finger on who.

I went with my mom to buy my uniform days later. Suddenly, I heard someone say the name, “Yusof!”

At that moment, my heart pounded. Was it him or was it a different person. I looked in front. In front of me was a recognizable face. It was Yusof!

“You?” I said surprised looking at him again.

“You?” He asked back. Looking as surprised as I was.

“But you? But how? But why?” I said.

He didn’t move. He stood in front of me with his mouth wide opened as if he was waiting for a flies to fly into his mouth. I pointed at him. No knowing what to say.

His mother broke our silence by calling him. Yusof didn’t say anything but ran to his mother.

“Was that Yusof?” My mom asked happily.

I only nodded. Still not knowing what to say.

12 Jan 2015

School started. Again, I saw him. In the same class as him. We were primary four.

“Sorry for acting weird in front of you a few days ago.” He said.

“Yeah… Me too…” I answered.


Now we both are primary five, still in the same class, same attitude and same surprised feeling. When will it end?   


-The end-

No comments:

Post a Comment