Saturday, February 13, 2016

Midnight drive

I was on the way back home from my village. I had been there for a week and decided to go home. It was in the middle of the night. 11.00 PM. I could feel myself regretting leaving my parents’ house at this time. My eyes were fixed on the road. Even though all that I could see was pitch black.

As I drove back home, I finally saw a lamppost. But alas, it was broken. That wasn’t all that I saw. I saw, a figure in white crouching on the top of the lamppost. I narrowed my eyes at the figure. From a far it looked like an owl. But when you look closer, it’ll look like a lady sitting on the top of the lamppost.

Feeling scared, I drove faster; not wanting my imagination to go wild. When I finally felt safe, I looked behind. Guess what…

The thing in white was following my car. I screamed in horror as I drove faster and faster. Just to check, I turned back, the white figure wasn’t there. I breathed of relief.

“Bang!”  Went the roof of my car.

“Aaaaa!!!!” I shouted. I could see a head slowly coming down in front of my windshield. It was smiling.

I drove even faster until the white figure fell of my car – I thought so.

I continued driving until I reached my house. I didn’t take out my bags. I straight away ran into my house, jumped on my bed and covered myself with my blanket. I had seen enough today I told myself.


The next morning I woke up. I decided to go for a drive to take my mind out of last night’s incident. As I was getting into my car, I noticed a piece of paper on my wiper blade. I took the paper, unfolded it and it read: I’ll be waiting.
Try and see what is on the lamppost... 

No comments:

Post a Comment