Friday, January 26, 2018

Epilogue


2 years later.

I’m on the beach, hands pillowing my head as the rhythmic sound of the waves drown out my thoughts. I look at the stars and remember Wren.

If a star fell for every time I thought of you, the sky would be empty.

Imogen and Wren’s mother organised his funeral 2 days after the police came to Imogen’s house. They found Wren in the same clothes I’d found him skating in the other day. He was bloated and blue. The sight was heart breaking and Imogen collapsed onto the ground crying. I stood next to her, crying quietly.

Since Wren’s funeral, a lot of things happened. Luke and I cancelled our wedding and Imogen lived a single life (up until now, surprisingly).

I’ve been coming here for the past year, on the 17th of September. Wren will always be with me, a part of me.

I can feel my eyes watering and I wipe them away before they fall onto my cheek. I smile. Wren will always be a part of the sea. With the rhythmic waves and the calming sea.

And always, always, one with the stars.

-End.

2 comments:

  1. im lost
    reading an old post
    its still heartbreaking though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I find it sad. Amazing, isn't it? How a story can do so much to you?

      Delete