Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Dream #2

My head hurts as I gradually get up and see that I’m in a dark void. Its pitch black but the only things that stand out are my other friends who are slowly getting up. We’re all dressed in white things like white shoes, clothes… You get the point.

“Where are we?” Max asks as he gets up.

“My dream,” Ashley says, looking around. She looks somewhat sad and I’m wondering why so I ask.

“I don’t usually dream,” Ashley says, looking at me. “And when I don’t, it means something’s bothering me.”

“What is bothering you?” Eleanor asks her, her voice somehow echoing in this freaky place. Ashley doesn’t answer for a minute before answering, “The dark.”

Max laughs at this and I feel ashamed of him. He’s afraid of thunder and yet we don’t judge. We all have our own fears but I didn’t expect him to be so scornful about Ashley’s.

“My goodness; the dark?” Max exclaims, still laughing. Ashley blushes bright red with embarrassment and I narrow my eyes at Max as if to say not cool, man. He sees this and is suddenly ashamed of himself. “Sorry Ash.” He says as he turns bright pink.

Suddenly, the ground shakes and I’m wondering if we’re about to be sucked into another world. We’d only been here for a few minutes. Suddenly, something emerges from the dark. Something large, monstrous. As it gets closer, I finally see what it is.

Simply a hideous monster.

“RUN!” Ashley says as she runs away, taking Eleanor’s hand. Max and I scurry off behind them. My heart was beating so loud that I begin to wonder whether the others could hear it.

“Ash, it’s your dream!” I yell from behind her. “You’re in control of everything that happens!”

Unfortunately, I half expected Ashley to even be able to control anything right about now as she was probably scared out of her wits. She’d blanched and I thought, eyep, we’re doomed.

We just keep running without a specific destination. My heart sinks for a while and I remind myself: It’s just a dream. If Ashley can somehow calm down we’ll be able to leave this place and move on to the next dream.

And soon, she does.

We’re suddenly in a white void in a blink of an eye. I’m beyond bewildered and I turn back to see nothing behind me. No ugly monster, no nothing. Just an empty, white void that stretches until god knows where.

We’re all in different clothes this time. All black. “Are your dreams always this… weird?” It took me a while to find the right words. Ashley looks at me. “No. Not always.”

Out of the blue, we’re suddenly surrounded by tall green wobble sticks and in what seemed like mud. I knew where we are. We’re in a garden and we’re mini sized!

“Ash! What the heck?” Max asked, his black shoes getting stained, though we all know black can never get stained.

“I-I don’t know.” Ashley stammers out her sentence. We hear loud and gigantic footsteps marching towards us. We look up and it’s a Blue Jay. Now that I think about it, I think Ashley’s thinking about Jay as his name is Jay Blue and the bird that’s probably going to eat us alive is a Blue Jay. I find this humorous.

But now? At this tense situation? Nothing is humorous.

I look down at myself and see that I’m covered in pink flesh. I’m a worm. Goddammit not now, Ash!

“Ash! We’re worms!” I shriek. The bird cocks its head at us and Max is the first worm to dive down into the soil, screaming, “HIDE, YAH FOOLS!”

We all burrow into the grown and wriggle away. I feel somewhat stupid and laugh, making Eleanor look at me in a funny way. She furrows her eyebrows and I laugh even more. I don’t know why but I just do.

Max and Ashley are in front, screaming. Max is telling Ashley to calm down and try to change this dream but it’s useless as Ash’s too panicky right about now. The Blue Jay pokes its beak into the soil, grabbing Max by the stomach with him screaming and shrieking.

Suddenly, Ashley’s sucked into a hole, the same one we were sucked into at Eleanor’s Paris dream. We let ourselves get sucked into the hole and into another dream as this one is life threatening.

But a thought comes into my head: Will Max be there or will he awaken?

To be continued in: Dream #3

No comments:

Post a Comment