Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Dream #1

I find myself with my friends in what seems like Paris. There’s no Eiffle Tower though. The ambiance feels, sounds and looks like Paris. I look down at our clothes and we’re in what seems to be clothes that only poor people wear. Max and I are wearing jodhpurs, a stained t-shirt and a cream coloured boater. We look at each other.

“Eh, it’s not bad,” Max says, twirling around as if he’s got a fancy tuxedo on. I look at Eleanor and Ashley and I’m surprised that they’re dressed nicely. They’re both in stripy clothes, jeans and wearing a beret.

“This has to be my dream,” Eleanor says, looking around us.

“Oh so you picture me and Alexander as some homeless slops?” Max says as he raises an eyebrow and folds his arms. Eleanor pretends not to hear him and sort of walks away, gesturing us to follow her.

“You know, you shouldn’t dream of places that’s in the real world. You’ll end up not knowing which the real world is and which one isn’t,” I tell her, quoting what the main character in Inception said.

“Got it, Leonardo Decaprio,” She says, not turning back. The place begins to change. Buildings become uniquely shaped as if we’re in Doctor Strange. I have to admit, for someone like Eleanor, this dream is pretty complex.

We walk through weirdly shaped buildings until suddenly, everything stops. Things explode and we all jump. Everything around us stops except us.

“In Inception, things explode because the person who was dreaming was afraid,” Ashley says, as if to ask Eleanor if she was afraid of something. Eleanor looks at Ashley and says, “I’m not afraid.” Her voice is so soft that I thought I was just hearing things.

Things explode again and Eleanor walks faster this time, the three of us trailing behind her. “You know, if you’re afraid, you can just say it. There’s nothing to be ashamed of,” Max tells her from behind her. Eleanor just keeps walking and Max turns to look at me as if to say she ain’t listening. I only shrug and he looks away.

More explosions happen and Ashley who’s at the back, walks side by side with Max now. She seemed to have blanched and Max gives me this look of concern.

“Relax,” I whisper to them, wondering if they could even hear me. “It’s only a dream. We die in here we wake up in the real world.”

Ashley and Max somewhat nod that meant that they’d heard me. I turned to the direction of where I was walking and suddenly realized that the explosions had stopped and the building that Eleanor had bent was surrounding us like a snake wrapping itself around a rat but this one felt as in we were in a box.

“Eleanor…?” Ashley says, looking rather afraid. By the look on Eleanor’s face, I can tell that she was bewildered and that this was none of her doing.

The place is completely silent and we can see our faces through the glass mirrors that designs the building. “What’re we supposed to do now?” Max breaks the silence between us all. We all glanced at each other and realized that Max actually begun asking ourselves the same question.

Suddenly, the land that we’re standing on starts crumbling. Ashley’s the first one to be swallowed up by land followed by Max, both shrieking ad wobbling, trying to keep balance. Eleanor and I try to run away but it’s as if something is pushing us towards this land hole.

“It’s only a dream, it’s only a dream, it’s only a dream…” I hear Eleanor whisper to herself repeatedly. I close my eyes, not wanting to see where the hole would lead to.


To be continued in: Dream #2



No comments:

Post a Comment