Sunday, July 10, 2016

Secret of the Cabin

The three of us were climbing down when Safwa said, “I feel like a spy.”

Hana and I chuckled. Indeed Safwa was the youngest of the girls. And also with the wildest imaginations.

After what seemed like forever, we finally reached the bottom.

“Oof!” Hana huffed when she jumped off the rope-ladder. Safwa and I jumped off too.

Hana found a light switch and flicked it on. We were amazed to see chests all around the area. “Well, looks like we found Naqi’s secret loot!” Safwa exclaimed enthusiastically as she opened one of the chest. 

“How did you opened that locked chest?” I asked surprised.

“I was taught a few tricks before ‘what happened’.” Safwa said as she winked.

“Maybe the youngest but yet the smartest!” Hana whispered to me as she sat down next to Safwa and begin digging into Naqi’s stuff.

“Isn’t this wrong?” Hana asked.

“Not if the person doesn’t know.” I said as I winked.

Inside, we found some old junk such as mugs, trophies, clocks, t-shirts and stuff like that.

“Hey check this out!” Safwa exclaimed. Hana and I gathered next to her. “It’s a photo album.”

Immediately, Safwa and Hana begin flipping the pages through the album while I looked from behind. As the two girls were flipping through the pages, Safwa suddenly stopped flipping and gasped

“What? What?” I asked out of curiosity.

“It’s a picture of a boy being piggybanked by a man.” Hana said. “That man looks like Naqi.”

“If that’s Naqi then, who’s the boy?” I asked. “The boy might be Naqi and the man might be his dad.”

Safwa and I looked in Hana with a weird face. “What? I can tell if someone is single or not okay?” Hana told us. Safwa and I only shook our heads.

“We have to find out who the man is… Now.” Safwa said as she closed the album and walked towards the ladder.

“Hey wait for us!” Hana said as we both got on our feet and walked towards the ladder.
🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏

As soon as the three of us got out of the area, Safwa said, “To the boys’ hideout… ASAP!” as she ran outside the cabin.

As we were running, I managed to ask Hana, “Why is Safwa so excited to find out who the man and boy in the photo is?”

Hana only shrugged her shoulders. The same question kept one replaying in my mind like a sound tape. Kept on wondering…
🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏

When we reached the boys’ cabin front door, Safwa knocked on the door. “Naqi? Brother? Azim? Anyone!!”

“Whoa, whoa. Slow down Safwa.” Hana comforted. As if on que, someone opened the door. It was Yusof.

“Brother where’s Naqi??” Safwa begin to ask.

“Why do you ask?” Yusof asked.

“Just tell me where he is brother!” Safwa said in frustration.

Suddenly, Naqi came out behind Yusof. “What’s going on?”

Safwa opened the album to the exact page and pointed. Yusof gasped. “How do you have a picture of this man?” Yusof asked.

“What have we gotten ourselves into?” Hana asked. “Did we get caught in some weird triangle??”

“Yeah what’s going on??” I asked.

“That man is my father, Iqbal Faiz. And the boy is me.” Naqi answered. Both Safwa and Yusof gasped.

“Why? What did I miss??” Said Azim who came out of nowhere.

 Safwa was playing with her thumbs while Yusof took a long look at Naqi before saying,“Everyone, Naqi is me and Safwa's long lost..." 

To be continued in: Reunited



2 comments: