Saturday, July 9, 2016

A New Discovery

“I am Naqi.” The young man said.

I gasped. “What’s wrong?” Hana asked me.

“According to his jade coloured eyes, he is no ordinary human. He’s like… us.” I explained.

“What? No.” Yusof said in disbelief.

“My uncle used to teach me how to different shade an ordinary human being with the unusual types.” I said.

“And how do you do that?” Safwa asked.

“By looking either at the colour of their eyes or lips.” I explained. 

“Impossible.” Yusof said.

“Why not brother? She did manage to tell us that we were unsual by looking at our eyes.” Safwa told her big brother Yusof.

“Usually… People with jade colour eyes have the power of flight and weather control.” I said.

“Ooo! Double the power!” Hana said with glee.

“Heh. Flight and weather control you are correct. But there is one more power that I hold and you don’t know it.” Naqi told us with a sly smile.

“And that is?” Azim asked.

“Ever thought of seeing yourself in real life?” Naqi asked as he transformed into Azim. Even his voice was equal to Azim’s.

“Wow!” Hana said.

“My uncle never told me that jade eyed people had the power to duplicate forms!” I said with amazement.

“Only rare jade eyes get this ability.” Naqi said with pride as he turned back into his original form.

“Yeah, yeah we’ve all seen your great powers. Now, why are you in this forest anyway? With the snowy weather like this.” Yusof exclaimed.

“Well, lets’ just say that I got chased out of town like you guys.” Naqi answered as he looked at each one of us.

“Seriously?” Safwa said.

“Is it because you brought the fruit seller up into the sky with you using your flying powers?” Yusof said while looking at Azim.

Azim just rolled his eyes.

Naqi was quiet for a while before he said, “I duplicated every single person in town just for the fun of it. Soon, everyone begin losing trust for each other and blamed me for it. And, a few days later, I was chased out of town.”

“Wait, Naqi could you turn into Hana for a while?” I asked. And with that, he did.

“Couldn’t they tell the difference?” I asked.

“What difference?” Yusof asked in confusion.

“There! His body might have changed but the colour of his eyes haven’t!” I exclaimed while pointing at Hana and Naqi’s eyes. Naqi turned back into his form and said, “I don’t know. Maybe they have to get an eye check.”

Azim giggled. “For how long have you been out of town?” I asked.

“A month.” Naqi said. We looked at him in amazement. “Yeah… It’s been quite a while.”

“Where have you been staying? What have you been eating? How do you manage to live in this forest? Especially during winter right now!” A bunch of questions came flowing out of Yusof’s mouth like a river.

“First, I’ve been staying in a hideout not far from here. Second, I duplicate my grandmother’s form to get food from town once every two days. Lastly, I’m a born survivor.” Naqi replied with a smirk.

“Well could you let us stay at your hideout?” Azim asked.

“Gladly.” Naqi said with a smile as he floated up into the air. “Whoever can fly or turn into an animal, you can fly along with me. Whoever can’t fly just walk slowly and look up for directions.  Usual the emerald eyed people can fly so… You there. Fly!” He told me with a small laugh.
🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏

Minutes later we reached Naqi’s little hideout. We went in.

“Oh, only three rooms?” Safwa said half disappointed.

“No worries. I made another hideout not far from here. You ladies can stay in the other hideout.” Naqi told us. “Here are the directions.” He said as he handed me a paper with a few scribbles.

“Thanks…” Hana said softly as we three went out of the hideout and set off for our hideout.
🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏

“He is so not a gentlemen! I mean like, what type of man tells women to take off and search for their own place to stay?!” Hana complained.

“You should at least be grateful that he let us stay at his hideout… Even though he told us to go search for it.” Cheered Safwa.

“Here we are.” I told them as we stood right in front of a cozy looking wooden cabin.

Hana and Safwa ran in like little children. I smiled and walked in.

“Wow.” Safwa said with excitement.

“Not bad for a runaway boy.” Hana said with a snicker.  

After settling down in the cabin, making hot chocolate from the hot chocolate packets that we found in the kitchen cabinet, the three of us sat in front of the window that showed the whole town that we used to live in.

“One minute we were leaving peacefully and the next thing you know, we got chased out of it.” Hana said as she drank her hot chocolate.

Safwa sighed. She drank her hot chocolate. “I remember hearing stories about people with powers saving towns, cities told by my mother. Who knew that I had the ability to do all those things.”

“I’ll be back.” I told them as I stood up. As I was walking, suddenly, a door on the floor opened. There came out a rope-ladder

“Guys! Check this out!” I called out. Hana and Safwa came in a jiff.

“Where does this trap door lead to?” Safwa asked in curiosity.

“I don’t know but we’re going to find out!” Hana said as she climbed down there using the rope ladder.

“Wait for us!” Safwa and I exclaimed as we both followed behind Hana.


To be continued in: Secret of the Cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment