Saturday, October 24, 2015

The journey begins

“Wo,wo,wo,wo,wo,wo…” A sound could be heard above us.

The six of us looked up to see a helicopter. The helicopter quickly came down but not on the roof. A ladder came down from the helicopter.

“Quick! Climb up the ladder if you six want to live!” Shouted the pilot from inside the helicopter. The six of us climb up the ladder. Azim was the last one to get into the helicopter.

As soon as the six of us were in, the pilot flew the helicopter. “Are you all okay?” He asked.
“Yup. We’re all okay.” Answered the six of us at the same time.

“He,he,he,he…. Hahahahaha!!!!” Laughed a voice.

“I recognize that crazy laugh anywhere.” Said Haziqah as she turned around. One of the crazy people had gotten into the helicopter! I guessed that it climb quietly behind Azim.

The crazy person ran to the pilot. The pilot couldn’t control the helicopter. We were crashing!

“Quick! Jump out of the helicopter!” Instructed Azim as he got ready to jump.

“Are you for real?!” I asked.

“Just trust me!” Said Azim as he jumped. His jump was followed by Yusof. Soon, all of us had jumped off the helicopter, leaving the pilot. Did he get infected, die or safe? We didn’t know.
Luckily, we landed in water. Without wasting time, we swam to the nearest land.

When we reached land…
“I… I’m freezing cold…” I said; shivering.

“We can’t do anything about that because we’re stranded on an island!” Shouted Azim directly to me.

“Hey! Don’t you dare shout at her!” Said Ameera while hugging me for warmth.

Azim walked away not so far away. He sat down then put his face in his hands.

 “We’re doomed. We’re going to be stuck here for the rest of our lives! Doomed I tell you, DOOMED!” Shouted Yusof. Yusof looked at Azim.

Azim realised that, and said, “Why are you looking at me? I can’t do anything except doom the six of us like Yusof said.”

When I heard that, I walked over to Azim and said, “Don’t say that. Who was the one who took charge in town just now? Who told us what happened to the city? It was all you!”

“You should be proud to be leading us all! Come on! Don’t give up now!” Said Yusof.    

Azim got up on his feet. Then he said, “Okay, I won’t give up so, what do we do now? Do we stay here for the rest of the night or leave now?”

We all thought for a while before Ameera said, “I think we’re safe here. The crazy person may have drowned with the pilot.”

“What if the crazy person knew how to swim? What if that person was standing behind you? What if the crazy person was hiding somewhere here?" Exclaimed Haziqah. Her questions were all frightening Safwa.

“Haziqah’s got a point though.” I said.

“But, if the crazy person was standing or hiding anywhere near us, he or she would have been laughing like a maniac.” Said Yusof.

“Did any of you here a maniac laughing? No right? So, we’re safe here.” Said Azim.

“What you’re all saying makes sense. But, are we just going to be spending the night here? Anything could just creep up on us.” Said Safwa who had been quiet the whole time.

“So what do we do? Risk our lives while spending the night here or go find another land?” I asked while crossing my hands. At that moment, the room was in silence.

“If I were you guys, I would go find another land.” I continued. Again, no one said a thing. For the whole five minutes, all of us didn’t say a word.

“I’m with Nuha. Her plan seems sensible.” Said Safwa. “I’ve got one follower.” I said.

The others were in silenced. Safwa and I looked at each other. Moments later, Ameera agreed with me. Then the other three did the same.

“Okay but, how are we going to find another land? Don’t tell me that we need to swim.” Said Haziqah and Safwa who was tired out from swimming.

“Did any of you realised that this whole time that, Azim has been carrying a bag behind his back?” I asked. The others looked at Azim.

“Oh. I didn’t realise that.” Said Yusof. “What’s in the bag?” Asked Yusof.

“Things for survival.” Said Azim.

“WHAT? Why didn’t you tell us sooner?!” Haziqah asked furiously.

“Because, I wanted to see how long you all can survive without survival things.” Said Azim as he muttered a smile.

Haziqah took a stick and raised it in the air to hit Azim. At that moment, Yusof blocked Haziqah from doing so. “Hey! You should be proud that you managed to survive without survival things!” Shouted Yusof.

I took the stick out of Haziqah’s hand. “Azim, is there like an inflatable raft inside there?” I asked.

“Luckily I do have what you asked for. And, I have two of them.” Said Azim as he put his bag down and opened the zip of the bag. He then took out two rafts that have not been inflated. “There. And, the six of us will be the first ones to try them.” Said Azim.

“That’s cool and all but, how do you inflate them?” Asked Ameera curiously. Azim handed me and Yusof a remote.

“Press the green button.” Said Azim.

Yusof and I pressed the green button. Yusof pressed it first. One of the rafts inflated. Seeing what happened, I did the same thing. Unfortunately, I didn’t see that Safwa was sitting on the raft that hadn’t been inflated. The moment that it inflated, Safwa was thrown up to the air.

“NUHA!” Safwa shouted from above. Fortunately, Yusof aimed correctly and managed to catch Safwa.

“Safwa, what have you been eating? You’re so heavy…” Exclaimed Yusof as Safwa got onto the ground.

“Hey!” Said Safwa as she kicked Yusof. “Ow!” Shouted Yusof.

“That’s enough you two. Now, you all help me push the rafts and quickly get inside.” Said Azim.

“Azim in one raft, how many people can go in?” I asked. “Three people.” He said.

“Are we allowed to choose which raft we go in?” Asked Ameera who heard Azim and I talking.

“Why of course.” Said Azim.

“I’m going in the blue raft.” I said.

“I’m going with Nuha.” Said Ameera.

“Me too!” Said Haziqah. The both of them helped me push the raft. As soon as it was in the water, the three of us went into the raft quickly.

So, Azim, Yusof and Safwa went in the yellow raft.

“Azim! How to de make the raft move forward or at any direction?” I asked.

“Are you blind? See, there are the paddle things next to you. Use them!” Said Azim.

I turned to my right and saw three things to help us paddle. I gave one to Ameera and Haziqah. The three of us started paddling. It was going to be a long journey…


To be continued in: Finding another island.   

No comments:

Post a Comment