Friday, October 23, 2015

The beginning

“Ugh my head…” I said, as I slowly begin to stand up on my feet. I was surprised to see the town; it was destroyed! I turned around to see if anybody was still alive. Next to me were my friends, lying down on the road. There were 5 of them; 3 girls and 1 boy. I remembered that there was another one of our friends which was a boy. What was his name? Where is he? Anyway, if including me, there would be 4 girls. My name is Nuha.

The name of the three girls: Ameera, Safwa and Haziqah.

Name of the boy: Yusof.

“My head…” Said a voice. I turned around to see Ameera slowly waking up. “Ameera! Are you okay?” I asked while helping her to stand up. When she was finally on her feet, I hugged her. Relief that at least she was awake to accompany me.

 “What happened?” Said a voice. Ameera and I turned around to see Safwa slowly waking up. “Nuha, Ameera!” Shouted Safwa as she came to embrace us. After the hug, Safwa woke up her older brother, Yusof. “He won’t wake up…” Said Safwa while tears came in her eyes. “Maybe he’s dead.” Ameera said. “Ameera! That’s not nice!” I said. It was usual as in school Ameera and Yusof would always argue and fight over little things. “I have an idea to wake him up.” I said, clapping my hands. I took out my used sock and put it near Yusof’s nose. In a jiffy, he woke up.

“What in the world was that horrible smell?!” He shouted. I quickly took my sock and put it back into my pocket.

“Hahaha…” Laughed Ameera.

“Why’re you guys laughing?” Asked a voice.

We all turned around to see that Haziqah had woke up. “Haziqah! Are you okay?” Safwa and I asked at the same time. “I’m okay just… Dizzy…” Said Haziqah as she dropped on the road again. Safwa and I helped her to stand on her feet.

“Wait where is Azim?” Asked Yusof. Ah yes! That’s his name! Azim another one of the boys.

“Guys! You’re awake!” Shouted a voice. The five of us turned around to see, Azim who was out of breath.

“Where have you been?” We all asked as we approached Azim.

“No time to explain. Now, we must get to the nearest building, apartment or anything that has shelter to watch out for them.” Said Azim while grabbing Yusof by the hand.

All of us followed Azim as he ran fast. “Azim! Why are we running? And who is them?” I asked. “I’ll tell you when we fine shelter!” Said Azim as he turned a while and looked at all of us who were running after him.

After a half and an hour run, Azim stopped in front of an apartment. “Go in the apartment! Hurry!” He instructed as if he was the leader of the soldiers. Without hesitation, one by one all of us went into the apartment. When all of us got into the apartment, Azim found a room, went inside, waited for us to go in and locked the door and windows.

“Now, explain Azim. Why were we running like maniacs?” I asked, out of breath. “You guys seriously don’t remember?” Asked Azim while looking at all of us. All of us except Azim, shook our heads. Azim took a deep breath, and told the story. “A disease had speared through the town. The disease made people go crazy. The sign is that they’re faces would turn orange, white eyes and would laugh maniacally.” Azim paused for a moment to see if all of us were focusing. Then, he continued, “The people got into their cars and drove to safety. Some of them weren’t so fortunate while the others, got saved by a helicopter that came to their rescue. After all of the not-infected people left the town, the people that got hit by disease, hid somewhere in the town.” And that was the end of Azim’s story.

As soon as he finished, the room was filled with silence.

“You said that the non-infected people got saved by a helicopter. If that’s so, then, how are you still here?” I asked, curiously. The others and I, laid our eyes on Azim.

“I didn’t get to get on the helicopter. Because the helicopter left me behind. I thought that another helicopter would come to my safety but none came. So, I walked through the town. Suddenly, I saw you guys lying down on the road. You guys fainted. I don’t know why. But, the crazy people didn’t hurt you. I think it’s because they thought that you guys were dead.” Explained Azim.

“How long has it been since we fainted?” Asked Yusof who was sitting next to Azim. Azim looked at his watch, and said, “4 hours.”

I looked at my watch. It was 5.00 PM. “So we fainted 4 hours ago right?” I asked. “Yup.” Said Azim. “So, now what? Do we wait until tomorrow or we leave now?” Asked Haziqah. “I say we leave now. The earlier we leave, the faster we can search for safety.” Said Azim as he started to open the door. We all followed behind him. We walked, walked and walked for hours!

“Hehehe… Hahaha…” Laughed a voice behind us. We all turned behind and saw… a maniac person!!! “AAAA!!!!” All of us shouted. We ran for dear life. Suddenly, more crazy people came out from their hiding spot. I stopped; Azim saw me. “Keep on running Nuha!” Shouted Azim. I had no other choice but to follow his orders. We ran until we reached a building. We climb the stairs while the crazy people followed from behind. Unfortunately, Ameera was the person who was at the very back. I could see her face turn pale as she ran with all might.

We ran up the stairs till we reached the roof of the building. “It’s a dead end.” Azim said. We all ran up to the roof. The moment Ameera closed the door, the door suddenly burst open with loads of crazy people! “I’m too young to die!” Said Yusof dramatically. “Don’t be a drama king!” Said Safwa.

“Wo,wo,wo,wo,wo,wo….” A sound could be heard above us.


Would we live? What was that sound? Find out in: The journey begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment