Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Finding another island

“Row, row, row your raft gently across sea, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life’s about a dream!” Sang Ameera as she rowed the raft. Haziqah and I only laughed and suddenly started to follow her singing.

“Oh be quiet will you three! Childish children.” Shouted Azim as he rowed his raft with Safwa and Yusof.

“Don’t think that you’re already an adult Azim. You still have a lot to learn.” I said. Not caring as I knew that we were only 11 years old.

Azim only rolled his eyes in annoyance. As he continued rowing the raft.

“You know, Nuha’s right. We’re only 11 years old. Too old to be called children and too young to be teens. We’re on the average of becoming a teen. So, live while we’re young.” Said Yusof.

And live while we’re young! Ooooooooo… Ooooooooo…. Tonight lets get some, and live while we’re young!” I sang one of the ‘One Direction’ band songs, ‘Live while we’re young’.

“Whatever.” Mumbled Azim.


An hour later…
“I see land!” Shouted Safwa.

We quickly rowed our rafts to the land where Safwa was pointing at. When we reached land, I quickly got out of the raft and lay down on the ground. Not caring if my shirt had dirt or any bugs. I was glad to stand up.

“It’s 7.00 PM.” Said Azim while his eyes were fixed on his watch.

“Do you all want to leave this island now or tomorrow?” Asked Haziqah.

“After all that, all I want to do is rest.” I said.

“I’m with Nuha.” Said Ameera as she lay down next to me.

Soon, everyone was on the ground laying down.

“Isn’t this nice rather than having to Azim being too serious?” Said Haziqah.

“What did you say?” Asked Azim.

“Nothing.” Said Haziqah as she cracked a smile at me. The both of us laughed.

A few minutes later all of us were sleeping.

10.00 AM
“Haziqah! Haziqah! Wake up!” I said while shaking Haziqah who was still sleeping.

As soon as she woke up, the first words she muttered were, “Wait, that whole adventure thing wasn’t a dream?”

I hit my forehead and said, “If it was a dream, would this hurt?” Then, I slapped her.

“Ow!” Said Haziqah.

“Where are the others?” Asked Haziqah as she begin to sit down.

“Oh, they are all waiting in the raft. Azim told me to wake you up. At first I objected then suddenly, he gave me the angry glare. So, I had no choice but to wake you up.” I said.

Haziqah stood there; move less.

“What’re are you waiting for? Get on your feet and get into the raft!” I shouted as soon as I realised that she wasn’t moving but instead sitting there like a lifeless doll.

“Oh. Yes, yes, yes…” Said Haziqah as she got up on her feet and ran into the raft. I followed from behind.

“Let’s get moving!” Said Azim softly this time. The six of us begin to row our rafts.

A few moments later…
“Splash, splash, splash.” Went a sound behind our rafts. It sounded like something swimming.

Since that Ameera was at the very back of the raft, I instructed her, “Ameera, could you turn around to see what is swimming behind us?”

Without saying a word, Ameera turned her head. 10 seconds later, her head turned back but this time, her face was pale.

“What’s wrong Ameera?” Haziqah asked.

“The, the, the…” Said Ameera.

“The what?” I asked.

“P… Pe… per…” Ameera continued.

“What?!” I asked getting extremely anxious to know what was swimming behind us.

“One of the crazy people are swimming behind us!” Said Ameera finally.

I turned my head quickly to make sure that she wasn’t playing games with me. And, she was not. It was true! The crazy person was swimming quietly and quickly behind us!

“Ameera and Haziqah, time to row the raft faster!” I shouted.

Without saying a word, the three of us had already went further than Azim’s raft.

“Silly girls. Must have been a big fish or something.” Said Azim as he smirked.

“Uh Azim, you might want to take back what you said and look behind.” Said Yusof. His face had gone completely pale.

Azim turned his head. His face turned as pale as Yusof’s. It was true!

“Yusof and Safwa, time too row very fast!” Said Azim.

Without a word the three of them rowed their rafts very fast until their raft was next to ours.

But that wasn’t enough to keep the crazy person away from us. The crazy person had catch up to us. He or she was directly behind our raft. Azim took out something from his bag.

The crazy person was coming closer to Ameera. Ameera was ready to scream her heart out.

How will Ameera be? What did Azim take out from his bag? Find out in: The adventure ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment