Saturday, November 12, 2016

Navy Blue

I woke up with a start and saw my friends, Safwa, Ameera and Syaima’ around me. Safwa saw me awake and said, “guys, guys! She’s awake!”

Ameera and Syaima’ ran to me with Safwa behind them and I just looked at them. They stood in front of me, quietly. I asked, “have you all found Kimi yet?”

Ameera, Syaima’ and Safwa exchanged glances before saying, “Not exactly.” I looked at them in confusion and asked, “what do you mean by ‘not exactly’?”

Safwa explained. “We found Kimi in the middle of the Forest of Voices with arrows in his chest. The protectors of this realm brought him to the Dungeon of Happiness science lab –“

“Wha-what? Why to the science lab? What’re the people there going to do to him?” I blurted out after hearing the word ‘science lab’. I remembered Kimi being the Navy Blue dragon that I had to keep a secret. What would happen to him if people knew his secret?

“They think that Kimi’s Navy Blue. Some mystical dragon that begin to appear last year.” Syaima’ told me. I felt like telling the three of them what I knew but secrets must forever be secrets. Loyalty gets the best of me.

“How long have I been out?” I asked them.

“For about 5 hours. That was a close call by the way. You might have had an injury for falling hard on the ground if it wasn’t for Najla.” Ameera told me.

“Wait but didn’t uncle Anas only say until today’s evening? Why’re we –“ I asked. There was so many things I still had to find out.

“Don’t worry. We’ve got that covered.” Said a familiar voice. It was Yusof.

“But… how?” I asked.

“We bandana brothers have our way.” Said another voice proudly. It was Azim.

“What’s the plan now?” I asked them.

“The plan is to find out whether Kimi really is Navy Blue.” Azhan said as he came out of the curtains.

As if on que, a guy in a lab coat came out of the door with a piece of paper in his hand. I suspected that he was a scientist. And I was right.

“Sorry to be coming in such a sudden moment but I have something important to tell you all.” Said the scientist and he turned to me. “Ah, I see the fainted one’s awake. Welcome back.” He said as he gave me a smile.

“What’s this so called important news Prof?” Yusof asked curiously.

“Kimi, he’s gone.” Exclaimed the professor. “We were doing DNA tests in another room while one scientists was in the same room as him to keep a look out. When we came back, the scientist in the room was sleeping while Kimi had vanished.”

“Ugh again?!” Azhan said in dismay while pulling his hair.

“But does his DNA matches Navy Blue’s DNA?” Ameera asked at once.

“Unfortunately yes. It does.” Said the professor while everyone except me had their mouths opened wide.

“So you’re telling us, that the DNA matches, but Kimi’s lost?” Syaima’ asked.

“Basically yes.” Replied the professor. “The protectors are still on the hunt for him. And when they find him, we have no other choice but to keep him in the mystic animal cage for a life time.” Said the professor.

Seeing our stressed out expressions, the professor left with, “Sorry for losing him… again. We’ll try our very best to find him.”

“Thank you Prof.” I spoke up.

As soon a sthe professor left, Azim’d face went glowing with redness, and he banged on the room window angrily. “Yet again they lost him! Useless scientists! Now we’ll have to go on a hunt for Kimi – again!” Azim shouted angrily making me almost jump. He turned around and we were all staring at him. His face slowly turned back to its original colour and he said, “sorry.”

“I think I know where to find him.” Said Yusof, quite sheepishly. We all looked at him. “People say that there’s a wise old man that lives on top of Memory Hill. They say he’s a fortune teller.”  He said promptly.

“Well, why didn’t you say anything before Harry Potter turned into Hulk?” Azhan asked jokingly as Azim gave him a good old slap on the back. Making Azhan almost fall.

“I only remembered after Azim did… that.” Yusof said.

“Well, what’re we waiting for?” Asked Ameera as she looked at me. “Nuha, you’re feeling jolly well already, aren’t you?” She asked me.

“Of course.” I replied with a smirk. “Always been.”

“Good.” Said Azim. “I guess we can head to Memory Hill then. I know exactly where the place is. Come along.”

And with that, the seven of us headed to Memory Hill. Where the so very wise man Yusof mentioned lived.

We reached Memory Hill after a long journey around the Dungeon of Happiness. We climbed up the hill until we saw a cute little house, smoking out smoke from its chimney. On the porch was an old man on his rocking chair. We all ran towards the man.

“Good day sire!” Azhan started gentlemanly. The old man looked up and looked at the seven of us. We all stopped running when we got right in front of him.

“And a very good day to you boy.” Replied the man as he slightly struggled to get up from his rocking chair. “What can I do for the seven of yah?”

“Are you the wise old man or also known as the fortune teller of this realm, by any chance?” Azim asked.

“Why do you all ask?” The old man asked, his voice turning serious.

“You see, one of our friends are missing and –“ The old man had cut me off.

“Say no more.” He cutted. “Follow me.”

The seven of us walked onto the porch. The old man didn’t open the door. “Excuse me.” Asked Ameera. “I don’t mean to be judge but, why aren’t you opening the door?”

The old man gave a scoff and said, “Truly you’re not patient young one.” Ameera turned red with embarrassment as the old man pulled his rocking chair to the front. The porch made walls in front of us and it slowly, and steadily turned upside down. Suddenly, it fell at rapid speed. Making the seven of us all but the old man, scream.

“Where in the world are we going?!” Yusof asked in a screaming voice as his face turned pale from the speed.

“Obviously down!” I said in a naïve voice. Yusof gave me a look and I laughed but at the same time screamed.

“We’re going down to my underground room.” Said the old man in a clear and calm voice.

“I see the light!” Said Syaima’. “Syai! No you’re too young to die!” I told her.

“No idiot. I mean there look down! I see a shine of light!” She bashed back. I turned red. Ameera and Safwa laughed at my naiveness.

The platform landed with a tremendous sound making us jump. In front of us was a mysterious wooden door. The glass walls that surrounded us while we were on the platform, disappeared.

“Follow me children.” Said the old man as he walked off the platform. We trailed behind him.

The old man chanted some weird words (which I think he thought was wise). And suddenly, the wooden door opened.

“Whoa.” I heard Azhan say under his breath. “This guy’s a wizard!” He said.

“He’s the wise one, not a wizard.” Azim told him.

Behind the door was something weird; three human-sized pathways in a cave. In each was a lit up torch.

“And this is…?” Safwa asked once she saw this view.

“You all have to prove that you are worthy!” Replied the old man dramatically. “He who makes it out, alive through the obstacles within each path, is worthy to seek my help. Aye, ‘twas much easier in the old days.”

“Which do we choose?” Ameera asked. We seven looked at the three paths. 


To be continued in: Prove Worthiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment