Saturday, September 3, 2016

Uncle Anas's Experiment

I was hanging out with my friends in the park. Ameera and Safwa were playing on the swing like children while Syaima’ and I were just talking.

“What have you been up to?” Syaima’ asked.

“Why do you ask?” I said.

“You know, your uncle being an experimenter, you might be having plans for the holidays.” Syaima’ said.

“You do have a point,” I said. “But unfortunately, no. My uncle hasn’t come up with any other experiment.”

“Remember the experiment where your uncle turned Ameera into a vulture for a week?” Syaima’ said while laughing.

I only laughed. That memory still tickled ourselves.

“Hey! You do know we can here you right?” Ameera said from a far as Safwa was laughing uncontrollably.

My phone suddenly rang. I looked at the screen. It was my uncle, Anas.

“I smell an experiment.” I said. Syaima’ sat closer to me.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Pick it up!” Syaima’ said. And with that, I did.

Me: Hey Uncle Anas.

Uncle Anas: Glad you picked up. So, guess what? I’ve come up with an experiment!

Me: Great! So, does this experiment allow my friends?

Uncle Anas: Sure! Come with your friends at 10.00 AM.

I looked at my watch. It was 9.30 AM. “Sure! We’ll be there.”

“Great! See you in 30 minutes! Bye!” Said Uncle Anas. And with that he hung up.

“Sooo..?” Safwa asked.

“My uncle has made a new experiment!” I told them. They were all excited.

“Who’s going to be the next vulture?” Syaima’ asked. Ameera hit her affectionately. “Hehehe!”

“I don’t know. My uncle didn’t say what experiment he came up with. I guess we’ll be finding it out soon!” I said. “Now come on. Get in my car; I promised my uncle that we’ll be there by 10.00 AM.”

We all got into the car and zoomed off to my uncle’s house. Wondering what he had come up with this time.

💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥💡💥

10.00AM

We reached my uncle’s house. We saw him smiling from ear-to-ear. We got out of the car.

“Thanks for coming.” Said uncle Anas as he gave me a hug.

“I wouldn’t miss one of your experiments for the world!” I said.

“Hey Mr.Anas.” Said Ameera and Safwa.

“Hello girls.” Said Uncle Anas.

“Mr. Anas.” Said Syaima’ with a bow.

“Syaima’.” Said Uncle Anas as he too bowed.

“Come on! I can’t wait to see another one of your experiments!” I said as I shook my uncle’s hand like a child.

“Okay, okay. Calm down you.” My uncle answered with a smile. “Come on, follow me.”

We followed him until we reached a room. In that room was ingredients for other experiments, tubes, potions and more sciency stuff.

I looked all around the room and saw something new. 4 beds with little boxes on each of them.

“Is that the new experiment?” I asked as I pointed out to the beds.

“Correct.” Said my uncle.

“What do we need to do?” Safwa asked.

“Just lie down on the bed.” Said my uncle.

We all did as we were told. “So what are the boxes from? And what is going to happen?” Ameera asked.

“This is what’s going to happen,” my uncle started. “You see that button next to your bed Syaima? Yes the red one. Syaima’, when I count up to three, you are going to press that button, got it?”

Syaima’ nodded. “Understood.”

“The little boxes, what are they for?” I asked.

“Well my dear niece, you and your friends will find out later.” Answered my uncle. “One, two… Syaima’ get ready! Three!”

Immediately, Syaima’ pressed the button and all of us slept. The last words I heard my uncle say to me was, “You’ll be in there for 2 days!”

There? Where is there?


To be continued in: Another world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment