Thursday, September 15, 2016

New Friends

As Syaima’ and I were frozen with fear, the brown eyed creature climbed down the tree. Syaima’ still aimed her bow and arrow towards the creature while I just stared at it in wonder.

The two other green and blue eyed creatures followed behind the brown eyed. Syaima’ finally put down her bow and arrow. The three creatures walked towards us. They were like us, human sized. But they were different in a few ways. Their skin was scaly; their eyes had the shape of a cats’; and they had wings on their backs. And their skin was green in colour.

“Who or what are you guys?” I asked curiously. I was wondering if they could understand me.

The green eyed creature gave me and Syaima’ a smile, and said, “we are the protectors of the Dungeon of Happiness. Made by Prof. Anas.”

“What are your names? Or do you not have any?” Syaima’ asked.

“Of course we do!” Said the blue eyed creature.  “I’m Najla. The green eyed one is Faiqah while the brown eyed one is Nurul.”

“Nice to meet you all.” I said as I shook their hands. Syaima’ did the same.

“I’m Nuha while this one here is Syaima’.” I said. Syaima’ and I gave them a smile.

“Did you two come alone or do you have a group?” Asked Faiqah.

“Oh no. There are two other girls waiting for us somewhere not far from here.” Syaima’ told them.

“Can we meet them?” Asked Nurul excitedly.

“Sure!” I said. Najla and Faiqah let out their hands. “This is for…?” Syaima’ asked.

“You don’t expect us to let you two walk, don’t you? Come on, there’s a better view from the air!” Said Najla. Faiqah agreed. Najla and Faiqah spread their wings while their hands were still waiting to be held by me and Syaima’.

I held on to Najla’s hand while Syaima’ held on to Faiqah’s hand. The two of them took off after they were sure that we were in good hands.

Najla was right! The view from the air was spectacular! We could see the pink trees, rainbow coloured animals, and more. There was even a lake shaped like a heart!

“Can you see your posy from here?” Asked Najla.

I looked down. “Yup! Land here!” I told Najla. Najla, Faiqah with Syaima’ and Nurul landed right next to the place where Ameera and Safwa where sitting. Safwa got up with a startled look while Ameera was just amazed.

“What am I looking at?” Asked Ameera.

“It’s like a flying horse, but better!” Said Safwa in excitement.

“Guys, this is Najla, Nurul and Faiqah. Najla, Nurul, Faiqah, this is Ameera and Safwa.” I said.

“Nice to meet you.” Said the three magical beings as they bowed to Safwa and Ameera.

Safwa looked at them as if it were a dream while Ameera bowed back. “What is your position in this world?” Asked Safwa.

“We are the protectors of it.” Said Faiqah. “What are you all protecting?” Ameera asked. Syaima’, Ameera, Safwa and I looked at the three creatures, waiting for an answer.

Najla, Nurul and Faiqah looked at each other before saying, “That is for us to keep a secret and for you four, to find out.” Said Nurul. The four of us looked at each other. What did Nurul mean?

“Anyway, who wants to see the whole world from above?” Asked Faiqah, changing the subject. Everything that Nurul said was forgotten and the four of us held on to Najla, Nurul and Faiqah’s hand. All except Safwa.

“Oh the little one doesn’t have a hand to hold on to.” Said Najla in dismay. “No need to worry, I’ll call Zuhairah. Zuhairah!” Shouted Najla.

Suddenly, a gush of wind filled the air and a golden creature could be seen. It landed in front of the amazed Safwa.

“Who’s that?” I whispered to Najla.

“That’s Zuhairah, the leader of the protectors.” Said Najla.

I looked at Zuhairah. It was a bit different from the other three. It had golden skin, golden eyes but her skin was scaly like the other three.

“You called?” Asked Zuhairah as it looked at Nurul.

“Yes. These people want to see our world from above. But there are only three of us and that one right there, doesn’t have a hand to hold onto.” Explained Nurul.

Zuhairah turned her face towards Safwa’s. Safwa was grinning at Zuhairah’s serious looking face. After minutes went by, Zuhairah let out its hand for Safwa to hold. Without hesitation, the little girl held on to Zuhairah’s hand.

“Follow me.” Zuhairah instructed as she flew into the sky. Again, a gush of wind filled the air and our face too.

“Hold on!” Najla told me. The three magical creatures flew into the air; bringing me, Syaima’ and Ameera with them.

To be continued in: The View From Above.



No comments:

Post a Comment