Saturday, September 3, 2016

Another world

I woke up to the sound of birds singing or known as tweeting sweetly. The tune was merry. I was surprised.

I looked around. The place was nothing like our normal world. This place that I woke up to, everything was different. I mean, pink trees? Multi-coloured ground? Rainbow coloured animals? What was this place?

I looked to my left. I saw Syaima’ still sleeping with Safwa and Ameera. I woke them up. They too were surprised.

“Golly! What happened? Where are we?” Ameera asked as she looked around.

 I felt something in my pocket. I took it out; it was a folded piece of paper. I unfolded it and there was a note from my uncle. I read it out loud.

‘This is my experiment. If you succeeded to enter this place, that’s one achievement. Congrats. This place is called Dungeon of Happiness. It’s a place where ‘things’, live. I made this to see if humans can live here. If you and your friends survive for 2 days. Good. If not, then my experiment is a failure and there is no way to revive any of you whom have died. So, good luck and don’t die.’
PS, whatever sound you hear in the night, do not move.

-Sincerely, Uncle Anas.

“Well that’s worrying,” Syaima’ said, “but at the same time, exciting.”

“I agree with you.” Safwa said.

I looked down and saw 4 little boxes that we had seen before we got here. “Why don’t we see what’s in these mysterious little boxes?” I suggested.

“Hmm! Why not?” Ameera agreed. She picked up her box, opened the lid and there came out life supplies. So the little box wasn’t so little after all, wasn’t it?

“Food, water, blankets…” Ameera said.

“Weapons such as knifes, a shield and more?” Safwa claimed in confusion. Ameera and Safwa looked at each other.

“I got those things in my box too.” Ameera said.

“Food, water and a blanket I received,” Syaima’ said. “But as for weapons, I got something different. I got a bow and 10 arrows.”

“Yeah, me too!” I said to Syaima’. We both looked at each other.

“What are these weapons for?” Safwa asked. “Is there something in this world waiting for it to be discovered?”

“Or are we the ones waiting to be discovered by it?” I asked back.

“Stop you’re creeping me out.” Ameera told me.

“Hey just giving the situation a bit of suspense, that’s all.” I told her with a smirk.

“By the way what time is it?” Syaima’ asked.

I looked at my watch. It didn’t show numbers but it did show some funny looking symbols. “I have no idea.”

“I think it’s somewhere near 12.00 PM,” Safwa guessed. “Looking at the sun, it looks like it’s just going to afternoon mode.”

“What do you all say for a walk in this world?” I asked them.

“I’m in.” Syaima’ said as she walked to me.

“You know what,” Safwa said as she looked at Ameera, “I think I’ll just sit down here with Ameera. We’ll guard the stuff, right buddy?”

“All right!” Ameera said as she gave Safwa a high-five.

“It’s settled then,” I said as I looked at Syaima’. “Come on Syai, let’s go!”

“Wait!” Said Safwa. Syaima’ and I looked back. “Yes Safwa?”

Safwa picked up Syaima’ and mine bow and arrows and brought them to us. “You might need this.” Safwa said.

“Good thinking!” I told Safwa. “Thanks Safwa!” And with that, Syaima’ and I walked into the forest of this weird looking world.

Syaima’ and I came upon weird looking trees, a group of rainbow coloured rabbits and many more weird things.

As we were walking, we suddenly crossed upon a big turquoise coloured tree.

“Wow…” I said.

“It’s huge!” Syaima’ said.

Suddenly, as we were admiring the big and beautiful tree, a sound came from the leaves of the tree. Syaima’ and I took a step back. “What was that?” I whispered.

Syaima’ and I looked all around the leaves. “There!” Syaima’ whispered. I looked to where she was pointing and saw 3 pairs of different coloured eyes. One pair was green, the other was blue and the last one was brown.

The both of us got ready with our bow and arrows, ready to shoot. Suddenly, one of them called out, “Wait don’t shoot!”

Syaima’ and I went frozen with fear. What was that? What were those things? Where they going to harm us?

To be continued in: New Friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment