Monday, April 24, 2017

Oceans, Puddles and Other Bodies of Water.

Emma and I read the given note while Dan examined the key.

“There’s a secret room hidden below the depths of a home to many colourful creatures that live underwater.” I read the first line.

“Now, this part of the adventure is all about bodies of water.” Emma read.

“Such as oceans, puddles and other bodies of water.” I continued.

“But, this room isn’t below the depths of an ocean, puddle, river, lake nor sea.” Emma read as we both exchanged glances.

“It’s guarded by many silent but yet hard grey coloured soldiers.” I read.

“Examine these soldiers carefully and you shall find a hole for the key.” Emma continued.

“Follow these steps and you shall find the next clue.” I read.

“Good luck.” Emma and I read. We looked at each other and then looked at Dan.

“If you look at this key, at the top of it, something is carved very softly, almost impossible to see.” Dan said, looking at me and Emma.

“What does it say?” I asked Dan.

“It says, ‘CW, 7 o’clock.’” Dan answered, his eyes fixed on the key.

“CW, clockwise.” Emma said, putting a finger on her chin.

“Colourful creatures, hard grey coloured soldiers and clockwise, 7 o’clock.” I said, recalling all of the given clues.

“Don’t forget a secret room hidden behind the depths of many colourful creatures that live underwater.” Emma said.

Dan snapped his fingers and his eyes twinkled. Emma and I looked at him in surprise.

“I know what the clue is talking about!” Dan said.

Emma and I were still looking at Dan. “Well, tell us already…!”

Dan opened his mouth to say something but then he was distracted by my father’s voice calling me from downstairs.

“To be continued I guess.” Emma said, shrugging.

The three of us raced down the flight of stairs and to my father. We saw him standing at the house’s main entrance with my mother and two siblings.

“Yes father?” I asked.

“Come on, we have to get back to our home.” Father answered.

“What?” Emma exclaimed loudly. All eyes were set on her.

“What’s wrong Emma?” Mother asked.

Emma stood next to me quietly. Dan spoke up.

“Nicky can’t leave. We were just about to… Err… Just about to play scrabble! And you know how much Nicky loves to play scrabble!”

“That can wait until the next time we come, right?” Father asked.

“You know what Byron, why not let Nicky stay. I’m sure that Emma and Dan would like to have Nicky stay with them overnight.” Uncle Wren told father. Father looked at mother.

“Nicky, what about your night clothes?” Mother asked.

“That’s okay, Nicky can wear mine.” Emma said. “We both almost have the same body size so that won’t be a problem.”

Mother and Father looked at each other in unsure faces. Dan put a hand on my shoulder and said, “Uncle Byron, Aunt Belle, Nicky would be safe in our hands. Don’t worry.”

“As you wish.” Said mother, smiling at me. Father sighed and nodded as he had no choice but to agree with mother. Emma, Dan and I grinned and held hands. We were excited to get to the bottom of this.

Father and mother left with my two siblings. I heard the car driving out of the drive way and disappearing into the distance.

“I think I know where Aunt Talia’s talking about.” I said in a sudden way.

“Wait, so you’re saying that you know what the colourful creatures are, hard grey soldiers and the other clues??” Emma said looking at me in bewilderment.

“The home to colourful creatures is the garden’s pond, the colourful creatures are the Koi that live in it. The hard grey soldiers are the stone bricks the surround it.” I explained carefully.

Emma then continued. “I’m guessing that none of you nor me has ever counted the number of stone bricks around the pond but I have a hunch that there are 12 bricks in total. If there is, then the CW 7 o’clock thing must be where-”

“The hole for the key is!” Dan said, holding the key up in the air.

“What are we waiting for? Come on! Let’s go to the Koi pond!” Emma said excitedly.

The three of us rushed outside and to the pond that was in the heart of the garden. Dan counted the number of stone bricks around the pond.

“Hmm, there are 12 stone bricks surrounding this pond.” Dan said, confirming the number of bricks.

“So we have to start from the top and until the 7th brick that we count, aye?” I said, looking at Dan.

“Exactly.” He answered.

Emma and I started from the very middle top brick that represented the number 12 on a clock. The both of us went down to the left, counting as carefully as possible.

“4, 5, 6…” I heard Emma mutter.

“7!” Emma and I shouted jubilantly. Dan was shocked and almost dropped the key. I grinned.

“Dan! Here! I think this is where the key goes!!” Emma said as she pointed to the seventh stone brick from the clockwise way.

Dan felt the stone brick for any keyhole. Suddenly, Dan kept moving his hands on this one place on the stone brick’s surface.

“Jackpot.” He said as he inserted the key into a cleverly hidden keyhole. Dan twisted the key. For a few seconds, nothing happened. But that all changed when suddenly, a slide-like tube emerged from the pond’s depths.

“Where in the world does this slide or tube lead to?” Emma wondered out loud in curiosity.

“There’s only one way to find out.” Dan said, putting his feet into the tube. As he got ready to slide down, he said, “And for the record, it’s a slide, not a tube.” And with that, we slid down, shouting with excitement as he disappeared.

“Nicky, don’t tell me you’re going with him.” Emma said in a worried voice.

“Sorry Em. But we can’t figure out what your mother was trying to tell us unless we go down this slide!” I said as I shrugged. I then put my two feet into the slide and before sliding down, winked at Emma.


I heard Emma sigh loudly and then slide a few distance behind me. This was going to be a huge adventure… No joke. 
🎨🎨🎨
To be continued in: Under the Pond.  

No comments:

Post a Comment