Monday, May 29, 2017

Under the Pond.

The ride down the slide was a very long ride and it made me wonder how far done this slide might be. It was very dark and I kept glancing back to see Emma’s comforting face.

“Gosh this is long.” I heard Emma mumble to herself. I grinned.

Before I knew it, I saw a shine of light coming from the end of the slide. I was excited. I told Emma that we might be near the slide’s end.

“Good.” Was her reply.

When Emma and I reached the slide’s end, we saw Dan waiting all by himself holding a torch in which he had taken from one of the walls.

“What took you both so long? It was getting creepy in here.” Dan said. His face was terrified.

“It isn’t our fault. The slide was extremely long.” Emma said.

“Yeah, no kidding.” Dan replied as he rolled his eyes.

I looked around. The place looked like somewhere you could find beneath a medieval castle. The thought of it made me smile with excitement. I turned to my left and I saw 3 tunnels, lit up with several torches inside.

“What’s that?” I said, pointing to the three tunnels as I walked over to them.

“Tunnels, obviously.” Dan replied with a grin.

I looked up and saw some writings carved into the walls that were right above the three tunnels.

“Did you notice that when you arrived before me and Emma, Dan?” I asked him, pointing to the writings.

“No, I did not.” Dan said, now squinting his eyes to try and read the carved writing.

“It says, which one of you was born first? Go through the last tunnel. Which one of you was born second? Go through the first tunnel. Which one of you was born last? Go through the middle tunnel.” Emma read.

“And remember, never go through a different tunnel when you see one. Two of you will face easy courses while one of you will face a course that might change your life… forever.” I continued. The three of us looked at each other in fear.

“Good luck my niece and two children.” Dan read after me.

“Well, I obviously have to go through the middle tunnel since I was born last.” Emma said with a shrug.

“Dan, you were born on the 9th of June, right?” I asked. I felt embarrassed since I had forgotten Dan’s birthday.

“Yes. I was born 2 months before you since you were born on the 8th of August.” Dan said with a nod.

“Alright then.” I said, walking over to the first tunnel as Dan and Emma walk over to their tunnels.

“Ready?” Dan asked, looking at me and Emma.

“Ready.” Emma and I both answered. And with that, the three of us separated, not knowing where or when we’ll see each other again.
 ðŸŽ¨ðŸŽ¨ðŸŽ¨
To be continued in: Tunnels, Dan's Case. 



No comments:

Post a Comment