Monday, May 16, 2016

On the other side of the mirror 2

As we were running, I suddenly felt like the ground was shaking.

We stopped running and the alarm stopped making noise.

“What was that?” Syaima’ asked.

“Don’t move a muscle….” Said Asim.

“Why?” I asked.

“Just do it!” Whispered Asim.

Without another word, we stopped moving. Loud footsteps could be heard as the ground shook harshly.

Syaima’ whimpered in fear as I just looked at her in pity.

A figure suddenly came out from over the trees. A giant snake like shape came out. With its long tongue hissing.

“I don’t want to die, I don’t want to die.” Whimpered Syaima’.

“If you say that you will die!” Whispered Asim to Syaima’.

The snake lowered its head to my head level. I closed my eyes as it moved its head closer to mine.

“Sssssssssssssss…..” It hissed right in front of my face.

‘Keep yourself together Nuha!’ I told myself in my heart while trying hard not to scream.

The snake went to Asim. I guessed that Asim had training before he became a knight because he seemed so relaxed when the snake came to him. Lastly, it went to Syaima’.

The snake lowered its head to Syaima’s head level. Syaima’s face was giving me an unhopeful look.

“Aaaaaaaaa!” Syaima’ shouted in fear at last.

“Syaima’!” I shouted.

“Sssssssssssss!” The snake hissed loudly as it lifted its head.

“Run!” Shouted Asim as he ran. Syaima’ and I ran for dear life as the snake chased us from behind.

We ran till we reached the doors of Queen Aleesya’s castle.

“Get in! Go, go, go!” Asim shouted. We ran into the castle as fast as we can. Asim closed the door as soon as we got in.

“Bang!” The door went.

The snake was hissing from the outside as loudly as it could. “What was that?!” I asked horrified.

“That, is Nahaqi. In this world, that means the mysterious.” Said Queen Aleesya who came out of nowhere.

“Where did that thing come from?” Asked Syaima’ who was still shivering from head to toe.

“The name explains it. It’s mysterious which means that we don’t know where it came from. One day it just suddenly showed up in the forests.” Said Asim.

“Do you at least know what it is made out of?” I asked.

“Rumours have it that a man fell into the magic-river and became what it is now.” Said Queen Aleesya.

“Bang, bang, bang!” Went the doors.

“It’s breaking in!” Syaima’ shouted as her shivering got even worse.

After a few more bangs on the doors, the door finally opened. Instead of a snake, a man came in. He was dressed as an archer with arrows and a bow behind his back.

“Who are you?” I asked the man.

“I’m Naqi.” Said the man.

To be continued in: Finding Nahaqi








No comments:

Post a Comment