Friday, January 6, 2017

Two Down-One Has a Story

Achu and Abah came back from visiting Grandma and Mamachu at the hospital.

“How’re they doing?” Hannah and I asked, Hannah almost bit her finger nails and I stopped her. She grinned.

“Oh Mamachu’s doing fine, praise be to Allah.” Said Achu. “But I’m afraid your father, Insyirah, has something he wants to ask you and Hannah. It seems… serious.”

I looked at my Abah and he said, “Into my room, please.”

Hannah and I looked at each other, wondering what was going to happen. We both walked into the room, still wondering.

“Grandma told me to help her solve this really peculiar case.” Abah said, rather seriously. “It’s about Yana.”

Upon hearing this, a cold shiver went down my spine. My cousin and I exchanged horrified glances.

“What happened to Grandma?” I asked curiously.

Abah took a deep breath and told us what happened. “Grandma mentioned that when the doctors were trying to find her a life support machine, all of them failed to help even though they were doing fine. She said to have seen black figures behind the machines, breaking ‘em.”

There was a short pause and Hannah said, “Then…? Did they manage to find a functional machine?”

“Praise be to Allah yes, they found the right machine. And that was after Grandma mumbled some verses of the Qura’n.” Abah said. “Not only that happened but Grandma dreamt, that night, that she was at a funeral, and on the tombstone, was her own name, ‘Zaleha’.”

I shivered while Hannah broke into a sweat. “Looks like you girls know something.” Said Father, looking at our response to the story.

“Oh you won’t imagine what we know, Abah.” Said Hannah. Without a moment to lose, we both poured out everything. From Grandma’s broken vase to when Mamachu fainted.

“Wow.” Said Abah when we finished. “Sounds like a nightmare.”

“Oh that’s because it is a nightmare.” Hannah said with a laugh.

“What’re we going to do about it, Abah?” I asked him.

Abah put on his thinking face and then said, “Firstly, we have to tell everyone in the house, including Mila, not to get near Yana until we find out what knowledge she’s using on our family.”

πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

That night, Abah, Hannah and I called everyone into the bottom hall for a meet up. Hannah and I were the stars of the meeting, telling everyone what we saw and there were gasps and shivers. No one interrupted. Once we had finished our story, Abah said, “So, I think, for the time being, no one, and I mean no one, ask Yana for help or make her angry, you hear?”

“But what about me Master Izwan?” Asked Mila, who too was a part of the meeting. “Does this mean that I have to do every work you all give me?”

“No, no Mila.” Said Abah. “This also means that we would also have to help out with the maids’ chores. Will everyone agree?”

Everyone nodded and that was just it. No one was to intimidate Yana or anything. After the meeting was adjourned, Abah asked Hannah and me to join him in exposing Yana’s knowledge in black magic. Hannah and I were half delighted and half scared to do this. But it was to be interesting.

“This must be the most fun I’ll have in my entire life.” Hannah said, when we both were alone in the living room. “Not only are the ‘stars’ of this entire ‘movie’ but we’re the ones who’re going to solve this mystery. The Mystery Cousins!”

“I think Grandma was right when she said that we watch movies too much.” I said, grinning.


“You, tell me.” Hannah replied. We both grinned. 

To be continued in: This Just Has to Stop 

No comments:

Post a Comment