Monday, January 23, 2017

The End of the Nightmare

Everyone was in the hall, waiting for Mila and Yana to show up. Hannah and mine knees were shaking. It was either because of the excitement of fright. Both maybe.

Finally, Mila and Yana showed up. Mila stood behind me, Hannah, Abah, and Achu. Yana was bewildered at the situation.

“What’s going on?” Yana asked, her face turning grim.

“Yana,” Abah started. “We heard from Insyirah and Hannah that they’ve seen some black magic done by you, in this house. Is it true?”

Yana looked at my cousin and I who were standing side-by-side. Hannah and I cringed, and shivered. Having the fear that she would use black magic on us.

“Astaghtaghfirullah al azeem.” Hannah and I chanted a lot of times.

“So, they found out.” I heard Yana say. I looked up a bit and almost fainted when I saw the black figure on the ceiling. I nudged Hannah and she too looked up. We went speechless.

“Attack!” Yana said, angrily. The black figure jumped down from the ceiling and went to Abah.

“ABAH!” I shrieked.

“A'uzu billahi minashaitanir rajim!” Hannah shouted. And suddenly, the black figure couldn’t touch any of us. It was like we were in a force-shield.

“What?” Abah said in bewilderment. He looked at Hannah and she winked. Abah hugged me and I hugged him back, holding back the tears.

“Attack, again!” Demanded Yana. And the black figure pounced on Hannah and I. I was near to fainting when Abah and Achu shouted, “A'uzu billahi minashaitanir rajim!”

The black figure stepped back and backed away. “Don’t stop till they die!” Yana shouted. The black figure made many more attempts but failed.

“Yana, your black magic, is no match for Allah’s power!” Achu shouted at her.

Yana looked at us in anger. Her face turning red. “Mark my words! In 10 days, the living family members of Zaleha and Abdul Jalil will die and Aiman will be the only one who’ll live! MARK MY WORDS! ALL OF YOU!” She screamed. And with that, she vanished with the black figure.

Hannah and I felt shaky in the legs but smiled a weak smile. Finally, she was gone. But her final words for us, left me shaking.

“Will we really die in 10 days, Abah?” Asked Ihsan, my brother. Abah looked at Ihsan, and told him, “Only Allah can tell.”

~End~

No comments:

Post a Comment