Thursday, October 27, 2016

Meeting the Bandana Brothers

“Well, I’m Safwa, obviously, and the one in grey glasses is Ameera, the one with the scar on her face is Syaima’ and the feisty one here is Nuha.” Said Safwa. I wasn’t shocked to be expressed as feisty.

“Well, miss feisty, for your information I’m not from Hogwarts, okay?” Said Azim. We all laughed. He took off his glasses in a way that I think he found stylish.

“Anyway, the bandana brothers?” Ameera said.

“We’re the brothers that have different powers. I hold the power of telekinesis and clapping, Yusof holds the power ice, Kimi holds the power of hypnosis while Azhan holds the power of stone.” Azim told us.

“You guys look like human. Are you?” I asked. By looking at their tanned skin except Yusof and Kimi who had fair skin, they looked like humans.

“Yeah we’re humans, but not the ordinary ones. Someone named Anas made us to protect you girls until tomorrow evening which is when you girls will go back to your dimension.” Kimi told us. I smiled. At least Uncle Anas made body guards for us.

“It’s night time.” Said Syaima’ as she looked at the sky outside the room window.

“Well, you’re staying here. We guys are going to rest in the room 1 floor down. And with that, the four men went one floor down. When the four of us were sure that they were gone, we lay down on the floor and talked.

“You know, it’s funny. How those four guys met us in a weird way.” Said Syaima’

“Especially the fact that they’re extra-ordinary humans.” Ameera joined.

“I know right?” I said.

“You guys want to know what the real weird fact is?” Asked Safwa. “The fact that Yusof, the guy in the red bandana, reminds me of my own brother.”

The three of us looked at Safwa in weirdness. Safwa shot us back a look and said, “what?”

“Saf, your brother is named Yusuf not Yusof.” I told her. I wonder if she had forgotten her own brother.

“I know. But his face. Don’t you guys think that the way his eyes and voice is?” Safwa replied. That left the three of us thinking. She’s kind of right. “It’s getting late. Nighty-night.” Said Safwa.


In the middle of the night, I woke up to the sound of something hitting the wall. I looked around. Ameera, Safwa and Syaima’ were still sleeping. I went out of the room and in search of the sound.

The sound led me downstairs; in the room were the boys were. I quietly opened the door and saw that the three of them were asleep. Wait, the three of them?

I looked on each of their necks. Yusof, Azhan and Azim were there. Where’s Kimi?

I turned around and saw Kimi looking at me. I opened my mouth to scream but he stopped me by saying, “no, no, no! Don’t scream!”

“What’re you doing here??” He asked me in surprise.

“I heard a sound of something hitting the wall and it led me down here. I thought of checking.” I told Kimi. “Do you know what that sound was?”

Kimi sighed, and said, “If I tell you, will you promise not to tell anyone? Not even my brothers?”

“Why? What’s so private that no one else can know?” I asked him.

“I’m the navy blue coloured dragon everyone has been talking about. The protectors of this realm are hunting for me. I don’t know how I got myself to turn into a blue dragon unwanted to. Please, I beg you. Don’t tell anyone!” Kimi told me.

I looked at him, mouth wide opened. Only then, I knew the answer to Ameera’s question when she asked the three magical creatures, “What’re you all protecting?”

“Kimi-“ Before I got the chance to finish, Kimi cut me off. “I knew I shouldn’t have told you.” Said Kimi as he took out a golden pocket watch and said, “when I count to three, you will fall into a deep sleep. One, two.. Three!”


A feeling of icy cold water came over my face. I opened my eyes and saw Ameera holding an empty bucket and myself drenched with water.

“Pah! What was that for?” I asked.

“Bro, we’ve been trying to wake you up for the past 15 minutes!” Syaima’ told me.

“What’s so important that I have to wake up so urgently?” I asked, annoyed to be awaken when not wanted to be.

“It’s about Kimi,” said Ameera, “he’s gone.”

Suddenly, a sudden memory came flowing back. About me and Kimi in the room and him telling me about him being the navy blur dragon that everyone’s afraid of. I opened my mouth to tell them but instead, just kept quiet as I remembered that I made a promise with Kimi not to tell anyone.

“Where’re the bandana brothers?” I asked.

“Waiting outside the building.” Safwa said. “What’re we waiting for?” I asked as I stood on my feet, “let’s go.”

We met the bandana brothers outside. Azhan was looking anxious, Azim was worried while Yusof was near to tears. It was amusing to watch.

“None of you have seen Kimi?” Asked Azhan while he bit his finger nails.

“For the 10th time today, no!” Ameera said in annoyance.

“Nuha?” Asked Azim. Everyone set their eyes on me. I bit my lip.

“The girl knows something,” said Azim as he drew closer. “What do you know??”

“N- Nothing! Absolutely nothing Azim!” I told him. He twitched his eyes. I twitched mine.

“Fine. If the silent treatment is what I get, so be it.” He said. “We’ll split up. You gals go to the west while we men will head east.”

“Anyone remember where the west was again?” Safwa asked with a grin.

“No,” Said Yusof, “But Kimi always knew where directions were! Waaaha!!” Yusof said while sobbing. Safwa and I gave out a slight giggle which Azhan heard. He shot us a look and too sobbed.

Safwa couldn’t control herself and laughed hysterically. I still giggled. “Come on you two,” Syaima’ told me and Safwa.

The four of us walked towards the west. Leaving the three sobbing boys behind. Well, all but Azim who was still looking at his two brothers in disgust. I laughed.


To be continued in: Secrets Must Forever be Secrets- Kimi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment